Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Dealing with Disappointment

Hey friends <3

I thought I would do a question and answer type post.  What do you all do for disappointing workout moments.  When you are either psyched for a workout and it isn't a great one, or you aren't moving on the scale or inches the way you want to be or feel like you should be.

For me, I usually end up quitting and going back to normal because hey, I changed and it didn't help.  Then I read a quote about ONE unhealthy meal will not make you fat just like ONE healthy meal will make you skinny.  It was actually eye opening to read.  It's true, just because I changed for a week or two doesn't mean that I will be skinny.  It took me 8 years to gain all the weight.  Now, I'm hoping it isn't going to take me 8 years to lose it, but I need to be realistic in my goals and of myself.  I can't lose all 30 pounds overnight.  It is going to take months of hard work to reverse what I have done to my body.

Also, I told many of you I was doing the Usana weightless challenge. I was down and out, I hadn't lost 1 pound let a lone .2 in almost 3 weeks!  Last week I lost 1 pound and this week I'm on goal to lose 1.5-2. I changed up my routine.  I'm trying to get in at least 3 days of c25k or some sort of workout every week.  So this time instead of quitting I changed what I was doing.  So to go along with my eating healthy I added in more exercise instead of just doing 30 minutes on the wii, I got out there and was more aggressive with my workouts.  Sure it's hard to fit it in, but my husband has been HUGE in helping me with this.  He will come home 1/2 hour early so I can go workout, or he will have me bring the kids to him at work and I go do my workouts.  Having someone there to help you is a big thing.  If I didn't have him for encouragement I don't know that I would have ever started.

I also have a friend who I told my goal to.  I told her I wanted to run a 5k this summer.  I signed up for one and have been doing the training.  I also was vulnerable and told her that usually week 3 is the week I quit.  I told her why and explained how I'm feeling very intimidated going into week 3 today.  I was making up excuses NOT to go today and she said, well after coaching we will go to the track and just do it.  That meant so much to me that I'm going to have someone there to help push me through.

So my point is. Find a workout buddy or a companion who will understand your struggles as a mom, wife, or just a single person trying her best.  Don't give up when you are tired of doing it or not losing how you want.  Change your routine and most importantly your attitude!

Your "PIN"spiration for the day:

No comments:

Post a Comment